Below are the known dates for the current Little Athletics season:
Fri 09 Nov 2018
FRIDAY FAMILY TWILIGHT PROGRAM UNDER LIGHTS (NO SAT PROGRAM)
Our second attempt to celebrate the “real” arrival of summer (aka longer days), we’re all set for a fantastic night under lights at our Twilight Meet this Friday from 6pm. We will run an jam packed program that allows for everyone to get warmed up and doing plenty of PB’s (as well as playing some cool fun games lead by Martin …for the younger ones) – because when the lights come up bright…. It will be time for Family Relays!
Now if you think your family can stride it out with the best of them, and can pass a baton successfully without arguing – then you are the right crew to nominate for the:
“Fantastically Fast Relay”
- Its 4 x 100m on the circular track.
- Members must be from the one family (or extended family by blood ties)
- Maximum three members of same gender in each team
- Teams must come and see me to register a team at the beginning of the night
But if you think your family can still turn on a good showing that lets even the smallest and youngest runners (not to mention the slowest and oldest) join in the mix – then you can run in the:
“Famously Fun Relay”
- It’s a shuttle relay 4 x 50m
- Teams of 4 (or more if you want to run on leg as a duo)
- Race is like swimming relays, team members forward and back over the same 50m.
- No need to register a team, just assemble your 4 team members at the 100m start line when called.
There are some other great things happening on the night, in particular we welcome the Hon Matt Kean to come and officially open our new tartan Long Jump track.
Can’t wait to see you at Foxy (and under lights),